20 ways you can improve your Self-Care and Self-Love practice
- Balance a healthy lifestyle as it relates to sleep, nutrition, physical activity, relationships, and mindset.
Think of your daily practices as a health bank account. Your goal is to put in more deposits than withdrawals in order to keep yourself from going bankrupt. Treat your health as wealth, and you will be rich is so many ways!
- Do more of what you love!
- Make a list of all of the things that you truly enjoy and fill up you energy bank, and then make a point of incorporating these into your daily practice, and especially when you are feeling depleted.
- Practice self-acceptance and rid yourself of toxic negative beliefs
- Flex your self-worth muscle
- Tell yourself that you are “enough” exactly as you are in this moment.
- You are no more or less deserving of love than anyone else
- Recite positive affirmations daily.
- Write down a list of affirmations that will counteract any negative self-talk that you may be observing
- Release shame, guilt, judgement and criticism, and cultivate self-love, compassion, strength, and self-worth.
- For positive affirmations and inspiration, feel free to follow health_is_wellth on instagram
- Practice mindfulness and be in the present moment
- Express your feelings and authentic self
- “Authenticity is sexy and leads to soulful success! Be YOU, everyone else is taken.” – Christine Hassler
- Find creative expression that fulfills you.
- Dance, Art, Music, Journaling/Writing, etc.
- Experience and deal with painful experiences fully, rather than ignoring them and adopting unhealthy coping strategies. Avoidance will only cover up the issue temporarily.
- Learn and experience new things
- Focus on personal growth and development
- Spice up your daily routine by trying something new, adopting a different hobby, or exploring somewhere you’ve always wanted to go.
- Eliminate toxic relationships and belief systems
- Connect with people on a deeper level
- Allow yourself to be vulnerable and authentic with others. When you spend less time hiding your true self, and more time expressing how you really feel, you allow yourself the opportunity to connect with others on a real level.
- Align with a higher purpose and connect it to your passions in life
- De-clutter your home and general belongings
- Tidying up your life can lead to clarity of mind and spirit
- Root yourself in gratitude
- Make a daily gratitude list. When we take the opportunity to be thankful for what we have, we will always experience abundance, rather than scarcity.
- Set intentions for yourself daily, and reflect on them regularly to align your actions
- Acknowledge that you attract things into your life. What you put out into the universe, you will ultimately receive back.
- Connect with like minded individuals who make you feel supported, inspired, and uplifted
- Conquer fear based thoughts, actions, and behaviors by replacing them with LOVE. When you notice fear or ego sneaking into your consciousness, lean into your feelings and then connect back to your love and intuition. It will never steer your wrong!
- Happiness is a choice. Acknowledge the power and potential of mindset, and become a master of your own life. The lenses through which you see the world are controlled only by you…so if something feels like it needs to change, you start by looking in the mirror.
“There is simply nothing on earth that compares to our capacity to love, to nourish, to teach, to listen, to hold space, to lift, to elevate, to rise, to inspire…” – Melissa Ambrosini
I hope that you have been inspired by something in this message today, and I would love to hear from you! Tell me which ones are working best for you, and where you could use a little support and encouragement.
Connect with me on social media, and engage with others on their quest for self-care healthcare.
In Happiness and Health,