Yogi Life Lessons
Throughout my own personal yoga practice and 200 hour teacher training, here are a few of the Yogi nuggets that I have picked up along my journey. They may seem simple and obvious, but unfortunately they are not the truths by which we live our daily lives. I am sharing these not only as a way to connect with and inspire others, but also to hold myself accountable to these commandments in my own life.
- Begin each day with a grateful heart. Gratitude turns everything that we have into ENOUGH.
- Love & Fear exist everywhere - we have the power to choose one or the other in every moment.
- Mindset matters most - the mindset and perceptions that we enter situations with dictate what we get out of our experiences. Through this, we manifest our own reality.
- The breath is the key to quieting the mind and diving deeper into your body and soul. It anchors us to the present moment.
- We must feel in order to heal - So often we put up walls and defense mechanisms to keep ourselves safe. To experience true healing from inside-out, we must allow ourselves to feel all sensations and emotions as they arise.
- Yoga is not about perfecting poses - it is about using your breath to explore your body, mind, and soul. Once we release ourselves from the external experience and expectations that we have set, we can shift inward and really deepen our individual practice.
- Nothing is permanent - we are constantly growing, changing, and evolving. When we let go of the need to control and resist change, we can fully experience life and the present moment. By accepting that the present time is all that we have, we can let go of the past and release ourselves from needing to try and control the future. Then, we can find Freedom Here & Now.
- Connection is vital to our existence - This includes connection to ourselves, to other beings, and to our environment.
- Authenticity and Vulnerability are crucial for connection - in order to connect with others on a soul level, we must ditch the masks that we wear and the walls that we have built up. Existing as our true authentic selves is the best gift that we can give to others and the world that we live in.
- All beings are worthy of peace, love, & kindness. Peace lives in each and every one of us. Regardless of our external circumstances, we all have the ability to find peace within. Imagine a world where we all truly embodied this belief.
Experience a yoga class at InsideOut Wellness: www.healthiswellth.org/yoga